Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Research Laboratory Technician/System Administrator - (663226) in Dayton, Ohio
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Research Laboratory Technician/System Administrator
What You’ll Do:
Ball Aerospace is looking for an experienced technician with computer and network administrator experience to manage local research network, with multiple computers and users, along with avionics test equipment in a dynamic environment.
- Be responsible for maintaining research environment by identifying network requirements, installing upgrades, and monitoring network performance
- Be responsible for both physical and virtual systems (using VMWare vSphere), domain controllers, email and web servers, license servers, back-up servers, virus protection servers, etc.
- Maintain risk management framework documentation package which grants authority for lab operations
- Install and troubleshoot hardware components for PCs, servers, and test equipment
- Document laboratory user guidelines
- Research hardware and software requirements and make recommendations
- Maintain compliance with Air Force regulations
- Be a collaborative member of a group of scientists and engineers at Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright-Patterson AFB, Dayton, OH.
- Be highly responsive to user needs
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Have the desire to expand expertise and respond to requests for unique testbed and avionics technologies to support AFRL research environment
- Explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Be a quick study
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field.
- Each higher level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A strong knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory functionality and architecture
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ certification (CISSP and MCSE also considered)
- Basic Knowledge of administering network storage environments (SAN)
- Familiarity with VMWare vSphere environment architecture and administration
- Experience with Windows (server and client), Linux (server and client), and OS X (client) operating systems
- Knowledge in strategic planning, network design and implementation
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with PC hardware repair and maintenance and desire to learn advanced hardware maintenance techniques including cable assembly and testing
- Comfortable installing, configuring operating systems and application software
- Certification or experience with VMware VSphere environment
- Deployment and maintenance of Symantec or McAfee Antivirus Management and deployment in a multiple-OS network
- Comfortable use of scripting (VBS, bash, etc.)
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-1553 and ARINC-429
- Experience with SQL database design and management
- Familiarity with Redmine
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Research Laboratory Technician/System Administrator - (663226)
Job ID: 663226
Location: OH - Dayton (Fairborn)
Full/Part Time: Full-Time