Newell Brands Maintenance Technician - Yankee Candle in Columbus, Ohio
Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Pataskala, OH
Reports to: Facilities Manager
The Maintenance Technician plays a key role in performing highly diversified duties to support and maintain the facilities and equipment. This includes performing routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures. This person is advanced in all things related to providing maintenance support to achieve optimal levels of productivity, quality, and safety to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
• Performs necessary repairs and adjustments to systems and components to ensure the proper operation of production machinery and equipment. Maintains and repairs all racking systems and safety systems including performing of audits.
• Performs mechanical repair duties and light construction including but not limited to: painting (interior/exterior), lighting repair and installation, light masonry, drywall installation and repair, landscaping, mowing, floor maintenance, window cleaning, snow removal, carpet repair, light plumbing, and day to day up keep of facilities
• Works from mechanical drawings and schematics in accordance with standard practices. Reads and interprets hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical schematics and drawings.
• Detects faulty operations, defective material and reports those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Analyzes and trouble shoots programmable logic controllers, input, and output devices using ladder logic interpretation. Works with engineers to determine root cause and corrective actions.
• Works safely in order to help preserve the safety and health of coworkers, guests and visitors as well as their own. Follows all company safety/accident policies and procedures and adheres to all applicable safety laws and regulations. Notifies management promptly of any safety hazards/violations or accidents/injuries. Participates in safety training. Properly uses and maintains Personal Protective Equipment.
• Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on equipment as assigned.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent experience, vocational or industrial training certification a plus.
• 3-5 years related experience PLC and Industrial/Commercial electrical and Controls experience.
• Mechanical experience on various systems, such as pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and controls systems;
• Service oriented with strong communication skills.
• Basic arithmetic and computer skills.