Mercy Health PCA / Patient Care Assistant - Monitor Technician - ICU - Mercy Health Clermont Hospital in Batavia, Ohio
PCA / Patient Care Assistant - Monitor Technician - ICU - Mercy Health Clermont Hospital
Job ID: 4662381
Updated: April 26, 2018
Geographic Location: Cincinnati
Location: Batavia, OH, United States
Full/Part Time: PRN
Standard Hours: 0.01
Provides direct care to patients in need of assistance or total care and activities of daily living. Completes duties assigned by the RN or designated healthcare professional (HCP) in accordance with federal, state and local regulations witin the policies, procedures, guidelines and department-specific addendum of Mercy Health. Provides support as the cardiac monitor watcher by conscientiously viewing the central station cardiac monitor screens and reporting observations relevant to patient tracings to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED - Required
- Current STNA certification at the time of hire or two years recent experience in acute or long term care facility or nursing student with 1 semester of clinical rotation completed.
- Preference for recent experience in acute care or long term care facility.
- CPR with BLS, Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Computer proficiency with ability to access and input data into multiple programs.
Shift and Job Schedule
Shift: Days, 6:30am - 7:00pm
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.